A true combination of maker, mentor and manager, this dynamic role offers an opportunity to join a boutique, branding studio and to create meaningful digital and print experiences for our clients. We are seeking a talented, passionate leader who can drive best-in-class creative across various categories including architecture, interiors, fine art and design. The multi-faceted nature of this position requires candidates to be inspired—both as an experienced art director and as a “guiding light” managing our internal design team.
• Lead by example and steward a bounty of inspiring work across the creative team
• Support the Creative Director in effectively conceiving and executing against project briefs and yield intelligent, original, quality work
• Demonstrate desire to understand each client’s brand and business objectives by leading the development of effective strategies and the creation of thoughtful,
elevated design solutions across multiple channels.
• Along with Creative Director, develop and present creative presentations to clients during key milestones, providing context and strategic rationale for design decisions and soliciting feedback
• Mentor the extended design team by leading on-going creative reviews, facilitate employee on-boarding and provide freelancer/consultant recommendations and oversight
• Build meaningful dialogues and relationships with key clients and their internal teams
• Work closely with Account Director to fulfill day-to-day project flow, new business initiatives, vendor selection and any production needs
• Contribute to the evolving Hoffman Creative culture (eg., vibe of the studio, inspirational trip planning, off-sites, dinners, library acquisitions, etc.)
• Ability and desire to take on a true leadership position within the studio—making it
your own and shaping the structure of the design team
• A deep interest in expanding your skills to include the “business” side of agency operations
• Stellar communicator of ideas, concepts and rationales—and must be a good listener
• Exemplary time management skills and ability to work on several projects throughout the day.
• Outstanding sensitivity and command of all basic design principles
• Ability to shift gears quickly based on project, team or client needs
• Ability to filter design output and ideas through strategy, creative relevance and client requests
• Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary design and designers in art, architecture, interiors, beauty and fashion
• Demonstrates art direction expertise and command of photo research including print and digital resources
• Extensive knowledge of print and digital production techniques and Creative Suite software applications. Working fluidly between print and digital platforms is a must.
• 5-7+ years of experience either at an agency or in-house
• US Citizen or authorized to work in the United States
Interested candidates may send a CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Studio Design Director” and your full name in the subject line.